Home Remedies to Remove Unwanted Hair
The home remedies given here for unwanted hair removal are very easy to follow. Find out which of the method is most suitable for your unwanted Hair.
1. Sugar Lemon Mix For Facial Hair
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Water 10 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoons
- One small bowl
- Mix sugar and water in the small bowl.
- Add lemon juice into the bowl and mix well.
- Now apply this mixture on face in the direction of hair growth on the face.
- Wash it off with water after 20 minutes, by rubbing the mixture gently with your hands.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week.
2. Sugar, Honey and Lemon Mixture for Hair on Legs and Arms
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- organic honey 1 teaspoon
- Flour 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Piece of cloth/ waxing strip
- Spatula for waxing or butter knife
- Take sugar, lemon and honey and mix them well.
- Heat this mixture for three minutes in a vessel to make it a smooth paste.
- If paste is bit thick, add water and mix well.
- Allow mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Dust body parts with flour.
- Use the waxing spatula and apply a generous amount of warm mixture on the areas .
- Cover it with a cloth or waxing strips and press to make it stick on the paste.
- Pull the strip in the opposite direction if your hair growth to effectively remove unwanted hair.
3. Sugar Molasses Home Wax Treatment
Mixing sugar with molasses or corn syrup will give you the same effect that you get when mixing sugar, honey and lemon together. Magnesium is a main component seen in molasses that will help in balancing the hormones. It is quite effective in offering slow and steady relief from unwanted hair. Mixing the sugar with molasses or corn syrup will make the molasses become a depilatory wax that you can use on your hands and legs to remove unwanted hair.
- Sugar 1 cup
- Lemon juice 1/2 lemon
- Molasses’ or dark corn syrup
- Cloth or waxing strip
- Take a microwave safe vessel and add sugar to it.
- Add a drizzle of molasses on top of the sugar and microwave the vessel for two to three minutes.
- Make sure that the sugar dissolves completely and then add freshly squeezed lemon juice into this mixture.
- Stir well and if needed you can microwave the mixture for another two to three minutes until all ingredients blend well.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature and when the liquid is a bit warm apply it on the hands and the legs where you see unwanted hair growth.
- Now place the waxing strip on this applied mixture and press it.
- Pull it off to get rid of unwanted hair and repeat this process whenever you spot unwanted hair growth on hands and legs. This is a painful process.
4. Lentil (Daal) and Potatoes
Potatoes when combined with yellow lentil will help in effectively removing unwanted hair. Potatoes have natural bleach properties in them. The combination of these two items will help in making the hair color lighter. It is an natural process to get rid of the hair on the face and other parts of the body.
- Potato 1
- Honey 1 tblsp
- Lemon juice 4 tblsp
- Yellow Lentil a small bowl
- Sieve or cloth
- You need to yellow lentil in water overnight.
- Peel off the skin of the potato and crush it. Take it in a bowl.
- Remove all the water from the lentil and grind it to make a paste.
- Now you need to extract the juice from the crushed potato and add it to the yellow lentil paste.
- To this mixture add freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your face and other parts of the body where you have unwanted hair.
- Leave it to rest on your body parts for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the paste completely dries out.
- Now remove the paste from the a-plied area by rubbing your fingers over the paste. The dry lentil paste will pull off the hair from your body as you rub the paste.
- You need to repeat this process two to three times in a fortnight to get rid of unwanted hair completely.
5. Banana and Oatmeal Scrub
Banana is a natural ingredient that can be used to remove unwanted hair from the body when mixed with a roughening ingredient like oatmeal that will help in exfoliating your skin. The banana will help in making your skin soft and supple and oatmeal will act as the cleanser for your skin. Both combined to give unique and effective results.
Oatmeal 1-2 tblsp
- Take a ripe banana and mash it in such a way that it becomes a paste.
- To this bowl of banana paste, add one or two teaspoons of oatmeal and mix it well.
- Apply generous amount of this paste on unwanted hairs on your body and then rub it in circular motion.
- Keep it on unwanted hair areas for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with water to remove the paste completely.
- Repeat this process two times in a week for a few weeks to get rid of unwanted hair from your body parts as well as face.
6. Raw Papaya
This remedy is suitable for all skin types including those with sensitive skin. This remedy is also useful in improving the texture of the skin as it works as exfoliate and removes the dead skin cells. There are two methods for using this remedy.
Method -1 (Papaya And Turmeric)
- Take peeled papaya and make it into little pieces
- Grind the pieces to make fine paste
- Take 2 tablespoons of this papaya paste and mix it well with ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Apply this mixture to the face or legs or to the unwanted hair on other parts of the body
- Massage the skin with this mixture for about 15-20 minutes and later wash it with water
- Repeat this remedy at least twice a week to remove the unwanted body or facial hair.
Method -2 (Papaya and Aloe Vera)
- Papaya paste 1 tblsp
- Aloe vera gel 3 tblsp
- Mustard oil 1 tblsp
- Gram flour 1/4 tblsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tblsp
- Clean and dry cloth
- Any moisturizer or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix papaya paste, gram flour, Aloe Vera gel and turmeric powder, mustard oil and essential oil to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on the areas of hair growth in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Allow the paste to dry for 15-20 minutes
- Take the clean and dry cloth and remove the dried paste by rubbing the cloth in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash the area with water and pat dry using the towel
- Now massage a few drops of olive oil, baby oil or moisturizer on the area
- Repeat the remedy 3-4 times a week for about 3 months to remove the unwanted hair completely.
Turmeric has been in use for treating skin diseases for centuries. Apart from having antibacterial and antiseptic properties turmeric also helps in preventing hair growth. This is a simple but effective method for hair removal. Different methods have to be used for removing thin hairs and for removing thick and dense hair
Process for Thin Hair
- Take one or two teaspoons of turmeric powder or enough quantity to cover the area of hair growth
- Soak this powder in sufficient quantity of rose water, milk or water to make it a smooth paste which can be applied to face comfortably.
- Keep the paste applied on the face or affected area for about 15-20 minutes or till it gets dry
- Wash off the paste with warm water after 20 minutes
Process for Dense Hair
- Use turmeric in combination with gram flour or ground oats or rice flour along with milk and use it in a similar way as mentioned in the process for thin hair.
8. Chickpea (Chana)
Chickpea flour or gram flour has been used traditionally by Indian mothers to keep their child’s skin soft and clean. They use the gram flour mixed with turmeric, water or milk to apply to the skin to remove unwanted hair growth and to treat the skin problems. Here is the chick flour mask remedy to remove hair growth.
- chickpea flour ½ cup
- turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- fresh cream 1 teaspoon
- milk ½ cup
- Mix chickpea flour, turmeric, fresh cream and milk in a bowl to make a paste without lumps
- Apply this paste on the body from where you want to remove the hair
- Make sure that each hair in the area is covered with the paste
- Keep the paste on the skin for about 20-30 minutes
- When the paste is dried, rub off the mask with your hands. You may wet your hands before rubbing the mask
- You should rub in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Wash the mask applied area with lukewarm water
- Repeat this 3-4 times a week to get rid of hair growth
9. Onion and Basil
Onion is a natural ingredient that will help in making your skin look beautiful and will also help in removing unwanted hair when mixed with basil leaves. The trick here is to find out the thin transparent membranes of onion skin that lies between the onion layers.
- onion membranes 2 onions
- basil leaves 10- 12 leaves
- Take the thin onion membranes from two medium sized onions and crush it with 10 to 12 basil leaves to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the unwanted hair in your body.
- Leave it there for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wash it off and pat dry. Repeat this process three to four times a week for one to two months to remove the unwanted hair from your body.
- Make sure to continue this process until the hair is completely removed from its roots.
10. Camphor- White Pepper for Removing Unwanted Hair from Legs
Camphor and white pepper are very strong and might cause burning sensation on the skin. It is particularly worse on sensitive skin. Hence, it is advised that this treatment has to be done only on the legs. There are many people who suggest using kerosene oil along with camphor and white pepper powder for effective results. But, kerosene has highly inflammable property and can easily catch fire from a spark. Hence, avoid kerosene oil and use only camphor and white pepper mixture.
- White pepper 2 tblsp
- camphor 2 tblsp
- Almond oil to mix
- Grind the white pepper into a fine powder and mix it with camphor in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of almond oil to help mix these two main ingredients.
- Apply this paste on the legs and allow it to rest on your legs for 10 to 15 minutes maximum.
- Wash it off with water and you will see that hair is also coming out along with this paste.
- Repeat this process whenever you want to carry out unwanted hair removal process on your legs.
11. Lemon Juice and Honey Remedy
A mask of honey and lemon juice will stick to your skin like glue and will also help in removing unwanted hair growth when peeled off from your skin. Honey has hydrating and moisturizing properties and will help in making the skin smooth and soft. The lemon juice has exfoliating and cleansing properties and will clear your skin. Lemon juice will also help in tightening your skin pores and will help in lightening the hair on the face and other body parts as it has bleaching properties. Both these ingredients have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and will help in avoiding skin irritation.
- Take a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of honey to this juice and mix it well.
- Apply this paste on the face or hands or legs or areas where you do not want hair growth.
- Allow it to rest on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes and then remove the mask with the help of a washcloth that is soaked in lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week for few months to see effective results.
12. Green Gram Flour and Rosewater Paste
Green gram flour has exfoliating properties that will help in easily removing unwanted hair. Rose water is a cleansing agent and will help in cleaning the skin. When both these ingredients are combined, then the mixture will help in getting rid of unwanted hair and also helps to cleanse any kind of skin, from sensitive to acne prone skin to rough skin.
- green gram flour 2 tblsp
- rose water 1-2 spoons
- lemon juice 1 tblsp
- A small bowl for mixing
- In a bowl, add rose water and then add green gram flour. Mix them well.
- Add lemon juice to this paste and then mix once again.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of your skin.
- Leave it to sit there for about 20 to 25 minutes or until it is completely dry.
- Wash it off with water and then pat dry.
- Repeat this process three to four times a week until you have lost all the unwanted hair from your body.
13.Method 1: Alum Rosewater Treatment
- Alum powder Half teaspoon
- Rose water 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Olive oil few drops
- Cotton ball for application
- Mix Alum powder, rose water and Olive oil.
- Make it smooth paste.
- Use cotton ball to apply the mixture on body part.
- Wash it after 20 minutes.
Method 2: Alum Rosewater Treatment
- Egg 1
- Corn Flour 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Take the white from the egg in a bowl.
- Add corn flour and sugar to it. Make it a smooth paste.
- Now apply this as a face mask
- Allow it to dry on your face for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Now with a firm hand peel off the egg mask from your face in such a manner that the facial hair also is pulled out.
- Repeat this procedure two to three times in a week to completely get rid of facial hair.
14. Simple Tips for Unwanted Hair Removal
The following are the tips that you need to follow in order to get better results of completely getting rid of the unwanted hair growth on your body.
- The first thing that you need to bear in mind is that you should have patience when trying out these home remedies.
- You should try to use all these home remedies according to your convenience. This is the only way you can find out which is the best unwanted hair growth removal remedy for you.
- You should drink plenty of water as well as fruit and vegetable juices to aid your remedy and to help in easily removing unwanted hair from your body.
- Having a steam bath before using any of the application remedies will help in opening up of your skin pores and thereby aiding in easy hair removal form unwanted areas.
- Make sure that you also stick to a healthy diet plan along with regular bouts of exercise to regulate your hormone levels and to reduce the growth of unwanted hair.
- Washing the area properly after doing the treatment will help your skin to be clean and neat.
- You need to also have adequate amount of rest every night for at least 7 to 8 hours to lead a stress free life.
Practicing yoga and meditation will help in calming you down and you can keep your unwanted hair problems at bay.