Dark skin is usually caused by hyper pigmentation i.e., increased number of skin pigment “Melanin”. The more the skin has Melanin Pigment the darker it will be. There are few other reasons for dark skin as well.
The dark complexion of the skin could be due to many reasons which mainly are;
Hyper pigmentation (excessive melanin Pigment in the skin)–the more skin produces Pigment Melanin the darker the skin will be.
Skin Disorder – Lichen Simplex Chronics (a skin disorder characterized by chronic itching and scratching) also leaves skin dark.
Sun Bathing or Sun Rays – In subcontinent where its most of the time sunny in the year, the sun causes skin to have a darker tone. Sun rays have UV rays in it over exposure to these rays some time causes skin diseases. These UV rays results in skin producing more Melanin Pigment and thus causes skin to be darker.
Darker skin normally is passed on the children as well. So there are chances the darker skin genes may be passed on to the next generation of dark complexion people.
Home Remedies & Tips for Dark Skin
There are multiple methods to make your skin complexion fairer but they all depend upon regular usage so it is advised to make them your daily routine for best results.
1) In a bowl Mix 1teaspoon of milk powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and half teaspoon of almond oil. Apply the mixture on face for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off. This will give glow to your skin.
2) Put Tomato juice, curd and oatmeal in a bowl and mix them well and then apply the mixture to your skin and wash off after 20 minutes, it will help skin to remove tan and will add natural glow to your skin.
3) Potato is not only a healthy food it also reduces the blemishes and other dark marks on the skin if a sliced raw potato is placed on the skin for some time.
4) Mixture of turmeric powder and lime juice will help remove tan and add glow to the skin.
5) Orange itself is part of a healthy diet, apply mixture of dried peels of orange and curd for 15 minutes and then wash face with cold water.
6) Grind 4 almonds (soaked overnight) and add milk to make a fine paste, apply this paste at night on to your neck and face and leave it there till morning. Wash it off in the morning with cold water. This method should be followed 15 days regularly and after that twice a week for best result.
7) Make a fine mixture of 1 teaspoon of gram flour, 2 teaspoon of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 15 min. follow this method on daily routine for a month and after that once a month. Your skin will have a natural fairness and glow.
8) Grind fresh mint leaves and apply it to your face. After 20 minutes wash it off with cold water and keep following this method for 15 days.
9) Add 2-3 drops of lime juice in the grated tomato and apply this mixture on the skin and leave it for 20 minutes and then wash your face. Do it two times a day for next 15 days for optimum results.
Diet for Fair Skin:
1) Fresh Fruit Juices
2) At least 4 liters of water daily
3) Eat Cereals, Pulses, Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
4) Stay away from Heavy oily foods
5) No junk Food