Are you embarrassed with black knees and elbows? Are you looking for the cheap and easily available remedies for the problem? Then try following remedies to get rid of the black knees and elbows.
The buildup of thick and dead skin formed by the friction or pressure in elbows or knees or in ankles causes the skin to turn black. Leaning onto the table using the elbows or kneeling down while you offer prayers can make the skin look dark. It is really embarrassing for women to wear short skirts or sleeveless dresses with black knees and elbows. Black knees and elbows can happen to any person regardless of the color of their skin. Getting too much sun and not exfoliating your skin add to the darkening of the skin. You can easily get rid of these dark knees and elbows using various home remedies. The home remedies should be based on exfoliation and bleaching of the skin.
Baking soda is very effective in cleaning the skin and reduces darkening of the skin. Milk bleaches and cleanses the skin
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with milk
- Apply this paste on knees and elbows and scrub it using circular motion.
- Repeat the remedy once every two days. Repeat until you notice changes in the color.
2.Turmeric , Honey And Milk
Turmeric has antiseptic properties and milk act as bleach. Honey moisturizes the dry skin and also has antiseptic properties. These natural properties of the ingredients will help to get rid of black elbows and knees.
- Mix some turmeric with milk and honey to make it a smooth paste
- Apply it on the dark areas and leave it there for at least 20 minutes
- Wet your hands and rub it for 2 minutes and then wash it off with water
3.Sugar And Olive Oil
The sugar present in this home remedy work as exfoliate and the olive oil will moisturize the skin.
- Mix equal quantities of olive oil and sugar to make a thick paste
- Apply this mix on to the black knees and elbow
- Rub the skin using this mixture for about five minutes.
- Wash using mild soap and water
4. Lemon And Honey
Lemon juice has natural bleaching property and honey moisturizes the skin preventing darkening of the skin. Repeat this remedy at least thrice a week to get better results
- Take the juice of one lemon and mix it with one tablespoon of honey
- Apply the mixture of lemon and honey on the affected areas and leave the mixture to act for at least 20 minutes
- Wash the mixture off with water to get the lightened skin
5.Gram Flour And Lemon
Gram flour can cleanse the area and also provides mild exfoliation. Lemon is a natural bleach and this will help to reduce the darkness.
- Add some lime juice to gram flour to make it damp
- Apply the mixture and rub in circular motion, allow it to dry and wash it off to get light colored skin.
This oil has natural bleaching properties and it also softens the rough skin on the knees and elbow giving it smoothness and glow. This is one of the cheapest remedy for dark skin formed by friction and dryness.
- Rub warm olive oil to the knees and elbows every day for 10 minutes
7.Exfoliating Brush/ Loofah
You can use any exfoliating brush or loofah to remove the dead cells from the knee and elbow
- Use the exfoliating brush or loofah while taking bath, when the skin is moist and scrub the skin in circular motion
8.Cocoa Butter And Shea Butter
These natural fats act as good moisturizers and help to make the skin soft. This helps to remove the darkness caused by dry and flaky skin.
- Apply cocoa butter or Shea butter on the darkened skin every night before going to bed.
9.Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera reduces the sun damage caused to the skin due to overexposure of the elbows and knees to the sun. It also moisturizes the skin and prevents the dryness which may lead to darkening of the skin.
- Take fresh leaves of Aloe Vera and take out the gel by breaking the fleshy leaf.
- Apply the fresh gel to the knees and elbows and leave it for half an hour to get fresh looking skin on your elbows and knees.
10.Use Sunscreen Lotions
Using sunscreen lotions while going out reduces the chances of developing dark skin on the exposed parts.
- Apply sunscreen while going out in the sun during the summer season.
- You can also use it as moisturizer after shower on elbows and knees to lighten the skin color.
11.Vinegar And Yoghurt
When used together this home remedy to reduce the dark color of the skin as they cleanse and moisturize the skin.
- Apply a mixture of vinegar and yoghurt on the affected areas and leave it to dry
- When the mixture becomes dry rub the area in circular motion for two minutes and wash.
12. Bleaching Fruits
Fruits like lemon, tomato and grapes have bleaching property and help to get rid of black skin when used regularly.
- Apply the juice of any of the bleaching fruits regularly to the skin
- You can use different fruit juices on different days
Moisturizers hydrate the skin and avoid the dryness of the skin. This will prevent darkening of the skin. The moisturizers also reduce the friction on the skin.
- Apply good quality moisturizes after having shower to keep your skin fresh and supple
14. Natural Oils
Natural oils will retain the moisture of the skin and reduce the darkness of the skin
- Apply any natural oil like olive oil, sesame seed oil or coconut oil on the skin to reduce the dryness and darkening of skin.
15. Pumice Stone
Rub the dark skin using a pumice stone. This helps to remove the dead cells of the skin.
- Use pumice stone to remove the dead skin while bathing